Game-playing is an innovative and efficient learning method. You will be asked to play roles and discover through your experiences the keys of project management.
This course entitled "Keys to project management" (also known as "Keys for project managers") is delivred in English, with all documentation and electronic media also available in English.
Training in project management takes a dominating place in program of project managers.
Success in project results from the well-balanced control of techniques and appropriate behavior.
This training in project management proposes an alternation:
- of sequences dedicated to tools and techniques of project management,
- and of sequences dedicated to behavior and to practices of management of project team.
For the training to be effective, it is fondamental to put the participants into action. Thus, they are immersed in a "Serious Game" (*Game adapted to the professional world) for an innovative and effective teaching approach.
Le programme de la formation
1 Focus on "terms of reference"
- Initialize the project and set objectives.
- Draft the terms of reference, and the kick off instructions.
2 Focus on "building the team"
- A 3 sides relation: line managers / participants /project manager.
- Conduct an interview to recruit a project participant.
- The rules of effective delegation.
3 Focus on "work breakdown structure"
- Divide the project into a set of coherent tasks.
- Draft the WBS, key tool for preparing the project.
4 Focus on "budget and working as a team"
- Set up the initial budget.
- The characteristics of an effective team and the management styles of the project manager.
5 Focus on "negotiation"
- Negotiate for cooperation.
- Prepare and manage a negotiated relationship.
6 Focus on "project schedule"
- Prepare a project schedule using PERT method.
- Identify the critical path and floats.
- Draw up the GANTT diagram.
7 Focus on "risk"
- Different kinds of risks: threat and opportunity.
- Identify all the risks and assess major risks.
8 Focus on "meeting"
- Organize and conduct meeting (launch, progress, steering committee, closure).
9 Focus on "controlling progress"
- Actual cost and estimate to complete.
- Analyze progress and react to deviations from forecasts.
10 Focus on "conflict"
- Identify the different types of conflicts and know what attitudes to adopt.
- Deal with aggressive behaviors.
11 Focus on "progress reporting"
- Reporting regularly to management using a visual "dashboard" overview.
- Send out a management chart to inform the decision makers.
12 Focus on "personal attributes"
- Identify one's own strong points as a project member.
- Set out personal progress objectives.
A qui s'adresse la formation :
Who should attend
- Newly appointed project managers.
- Managers required to conduct projects within their firms.
- Heads of departments and any person involved in or expected to contribute to the execution of a project.
Excellent knowledge of English: the course is entirely delivered in English.
A French version of the same course is also available (réf. 2041).
No others prerequisites.
Les objectifs de la formation
- Master the basic tools for getting your project up and running.
- Master the fundamentals of the human factor in project management.
- CD-Rom: a tool box for getting started in the field of project management, with a demo of MSProject ® .
- A connecting thread based on a 4-day project simulation, with a special software
- package. Training is held in English.
- Simulation tool showing the progress of the project, according to the team's choices, and calculating the index of success.
- PMI ® registered course (earn 27 PMI-recognized PDU's for maintaining your certification).
Cette formation est aussi réalisable dans votre entreprise - en savoir plus
Formation garantie : sécurisez vos inscriptions !
Pour vous apporter encore plus de fiabilité, nous nous engageons à réaliser les sessions identifiées par «Formation garantie».
Nous réalisons 90% de ces Formations Garanties. Il est possible que pour des raisons pédagogiques, nous estimions que la session ne peut être maintenue, nous vous proposerons alors de vous reporter sur la ville la plus proche en vous offrant une compensation financière de 35% du prix de la formation.
Le groupe Cegos est organisme de formation référencé par le PMI®
Formations recommandées sur ce thème
Référence : 7244
Durée : 4 jours
4 jours (28 heures)
Prix : 2265 € HT (2715 CHF HT)
Forfait repas Paris : 92 € HT
Forfait repas autres villes : 80 € HT (108 CHF HT)